Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Having the Fathers Heart

Over one hundred times Jesus makes reference to “the Kingdom”.  He tells us “The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel”.  He goes on to say,  “follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men”.  (Mark 1:15, 17)  A genuine heart for the Kingdom means I will follow Jesus and I will fish for men.  Jesus teaches us to pray, “thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”.  (Matthew 6:9-10)   Getting the kingdom right will cause me to get ministry right.  Getting the kingdom right will cause me to get church right and everything else right.  Ministry can at times be selfish.  Church can at times be man-centered.  You and I know  that impure motives can be a battle with everything.  The Kingdom of God is always King Jesus centered.
We preach a King centered Gospel not a man centered Gospel.  If I am going to catch the wind of God’s Spirit I must set the sails of my life to get in on building His Kingdom by following Jesus and fishing for men.  God’s heart is to see the nations of this world come to the saving knowledge of Jesus.  He instructed us to do this in Matthew 28:19.  He has told us that it is the one thing that must happen before His return, “this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come”. (Matthew 24:14)  As a child of God, I can not be content doing only what I like or what I might be good at.  As a Christian I must do that which pleases the heart of my Father, follow Him and fish for men.
It is exciting to report of the many moves of God going on around the world. Churches are multiplying and thousands are coming to Christ in unreached people groups.  People are choosing to follow Jesus and fish for men all over the world.  Joan and I had the opportunity to have dinner with two key Church Planting Movement strategists last week.  Ying Kia is  the gentleman responsible for over two hundred and fifty thousand churches planted in the past six years in China and Steve Smith, a student and facilitator of Church Planting Movements responsible for the South East Asia Region.  Both are seeing God’s Spirit move and work like no other recorded time in Christian History.  
When asked why this is happening both responded the same, “people are fulfilling the heart of the Father by following Jesus and fishing for men”.  I am asking God to help me see the big picture.  I want a Kingdom heart.  I know that within the big picture I must stay intentionally focused.  I know that following the King means walking by faith expressing obedience through my life.  I also know that if God took the time to step out of heaven, die on a cross, resurrect from the dead so that He could live in man’s hearts I must have as the highest priority a passion to fish for men.  
Join us at Co:Mission Ministry as we set sail to serve the King and His Kingdom by following Jesus and fishing for men.  “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you”.  (Matthew 6:33)
Until the Nations Hear,
Mark
Mark and Joan with Ying and Grace Kai

Mark and Joan with Steve Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment